Wednesday, August 5, 2015

UP10TION is rising

TOP Media is gearing up to debut a new boyband, and they have been doing a pretty good job with building up hype.


I have been a Teen Top fan since their debut. I was into Teen Top before I was even into Shinhwa, but since I have become Shinhwa trash and Andy has become my ultimate bias, I now really support TOP Media and their growing cadre of boybands. Yeah, it's awkward that they're debuting a new group when 100% (whom I also love) still exists in nugudom, but nonetheless, UP10TION deserves a shot and I am giving them a chance to become some new faves.


GDI, Andy. Stop with the boybands.

Okay, so, I'll just say it now. UP10TION is another ridiculous Kpop group name. And of course it's some sort of crazy acronym (Unbelievable Perfect 10 Teen Idols Open[ing music to the world] Now). I'm still thinking about whether or not it's worse than Teen Top, though.

TOP Media got trendy and decided to introduce the ten boys through a King of Mask Singer type broadcast (복면신인왕전 UP10TION). This was a smart move since you got to focus on their talents in singing, rapping, and dancing before judging them based upon their visuals (however, my favorite members were determined by which ones I thought were the cutest because I'm horrible).


Last week, their show 라이징! 업텐션 (Rising! UP10TION) premiered and is chronicling them up to their legit debut. From what I can gather, the group will have a strong focus on Chinese promotions, as they got a Mandarin tutor and, in the the second episode, they took off on a trip to China.


In case you want to know their names...
Back row: Wei, Gyujin, Kuhn, Bitto, Kogyeol
Front row: Sunyoul, Xiao, Jinhoo, Wooshin, Hwanhee

I'm hoping the following episodes really showcase their personalities and we can get to know the boys a little better as individuals.

But as I already have said, I do currently have my faves...

My overall favorite member so far is Bitto. He's a rapper in the group.


But challenging him for that position is Kuhn.


Jinhoo is also a cutie. Along with Kuhn, it seems like they're both the leaders (interesting idea).


I'm also fond of Sunyoul. He is an adorable little dude with a sweet voice, and he sang "Tears" on the masked rookie thing, so hell yeah Sunyoul~


On the latest episode of Rising! UP10TION, as he had a considerable amount of screentime, Gyujin made an impression on me, as well. Looking back he was pretty lulzy on the masked rookie thing too...


Get to know the boys yourself and pick out your own faves: follow them on Twitter, like their Facebook page, and definitely watch their videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?