Wednesday, August 12, 2015

18 Seconds Episode 1

SBS' new viral video show 18초 (18 Seconds) premiered on the 11th over in Korea, and I watched it solely for Kim Jongmin.


The show is based around the premise that people only pay attention for eighteen seconds to videos that they may come across while on their smart phones. IDK how accurate that is, but the competitors on the show must create eighteen second long videos and then, I am guessing, they need to try and gather the most views on their creations.


In addition to Jongmin, Sistar's Soyu, EXO's Chanyeol, Kim Nayoung, some British dude, a comedy team(?), Bong Mandae, and Pyo Changwon (who apparently is a criminal psychologist) are also participating on the show. But I literally just skipped through the episode to parts with Jongmin, so I really don't have anything to say about the other guys... other than that they suck and Jongmin is producing some genius videos, hahaha ayy B-)


I already posted about the videos Jongmin made back when they were originally uploaded, and I have been wondering what the format of the show would be like. It turns out that the show followed the participants as they made a few of their videos, with commentators (Lee Kyungkyu was the only one I recognized) in a studio going back and forth checking on the eight as they worked.

I assume that following episode will continue to show the competitors making their videos until it's time to judge them and see who got the most views (it will probably be Chanyeol, LBR, cos ya know, EXO).

As I said though, I was obviously only here Jongmin, and he was entertaining as usual. And, of course, very cute~




They used Pepsi... SMH... It's Mentos and Coke, Jongmin >.>





If you're interested, check out the episode over on Dailymotion (part 1 & part 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?