Monday, October 5, 2015

Salon de Rim

A new beauty show, 수상한 미용실 살롱 드림 (Winning Beauty Salon Salon de Rim), premiered last night on jTBC.

The show is hosted by Park Kyunglim, Jang Doyeon, and Moon Heejun, and they are joined by a hair stylist and a make-up artist (IDK if they're well-known or what).




Let's be real. I only watched it for the Heej~



Of course, when I first heard about the show I was like, "WTF is Heejun doing on a beauty show?" But then I remembered that Heejun is oe of my style icons and that I will always be inspired by his "We Are the Future" hair. So okay, Heejun is on some beauty program now, despite the fact that it's kinda questionable.


Iconic.

The guests were Kim Nayoung and model Han Hyejin. The hair stylist and make-up artist gave them advice about hair and make-up. They also discussed Nayoung's fashion choices, and again, I was like Heejun has no business criticizing the way anyone dresses. Then they got their hair and make-up done by the two professionals.

I couldn't help but wonder why not they couldn't just get regular people off the street to get beauty advice and make-overs. Do shows like What Not to Wear even exist over there? Like it seems kinda pointless giving celebrities beauty tips.

To be honest, IDK if I'm going to watch this weekly since it was hard for me to keep my interest without subs and knowing exactly what they were talking about. I'll of course post more about it if I do end up committing myself to it.

And if you're interested there seems to be an Instagram for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?