Friday, July 3, 2015

My favorite songs for the first half of 2015

Of course this is all just my personal preference, and it should be known by now that I have a horrid taste in music, but nonetheless, here are my top 25 26 songs so far this year~!
  1. Crayon Pop - "FM" - Crayon Pop returned this year and literally saved Kpop. Every thing about this comeback was so perfect- the song, the stage outfits, the MV... It's as though there is some sort of conspiracy keeping Crayon Pop from becoming the top girl group in Korea. 
  2. GFriend - "Glass Bead" - I could care less about the whole thing about how they're copying SNSD or whatever group. These girls debuted with one hell of a strong song. 
  3. Awesome Baby - "내가 왜 (Why Should I)" - Tony's girl group finally debuted with a killer song and it pretty much atoned for the sins of "Get Your Swag On." 
  4. Crayon Pop - "하파타카 (HaPaTaKa)" - Crayon Pop can do no wrong. If you don't love Crayon Pop, I do not need you in my life. 
  5. Crayon Pop - "RaRiRuRe" - After saving Kpop, Crayon Pop went on to save Jpop. 
  6. EXO - "Love Me Right" - How in the in the world did EXO make it onto this list? "Love Me Right" was so crazy good. Though it reminds me of some song possibly from the 80s that I can't quite place... 
  7. SHINee - "View" (actually the whole album deserves a spot on the list) - SHINee never disappoints. And I will always love me some SHINee. 
  8. Pocket Girls - "Bbang Bbang" - This should be number one just because I still can't stop listening to it even it's a bunch of nugus who came out of like no where. 
  9. Eun Jiwon - "What U Are" & "Trauma" - See this post
  10. Shinhwa - "Sniper" - See this post
  11. Defconn - "Golden Future" & "프랑켄슈타인 (Dirty Rap City)" - It's a mystery to me as to why I loved Defconn's mini-album so much. These are still my jams. 
  12. Kim Taewoo - "Lonely Funk" - Super fun and catchy~ 
  13. JJY Band - "OMG" - Despite the fact I'm really into 1 Night 2 Days, I have never considered myself a fan of Jung Joonyoung. This was the first time I actually got into one of his songs, TBH. 
  14. Jessi, Cheetah, and Kangnam - "My Type" - I had no interest at all in Unpretty Rapstar, so it was pretty surprising that I really got into this song. 
  15. KARA - "Summergic" - KARA had a tragic Korean comeback, but their Japanese summer single was so good. 
  16. SNSD - "Catch Me If You Can" - I'm one of the few people who actually thought this was pretty good. These last several months reaffirmed the fact that I like shitty music, I suppose. 
  17. AOA - "Heart Attack" - I'm still super puzzled as to why this has been panned. 
  18. Rainbow - "Black Swan" - It's a shame that Rainbow still remains unpopular. "Black Swan" did not help with that. It was weird, but it was right up my alley. 
  19. Sistar - "Shake It" - Definitely not their best, but I did not think this was as bad as people were making it out to be. 
  20. 4Minute - "Crazy" - This turned out to be 4Minute's best song since "Volume Up." 
  21. Gain - "Paradise Lost" - I loved this concept so much. It was so dark and sexy, yet considerably high-brow. I wish we got more Kpop comebacks like this. 
  22. CLC - "Like" - I didn't care for "Pepe," but I really liked "Like." Ayy. 
  23. EXO - "El Dorado" - Whoa, EXO makes another appearance. "Call Me Baby" was shit; if this was their title track, then maybe I would have actually cared about EXO earlier this year. 
  24. Koyote - "Stop Love" - I love Koyote, but I love dance music Koyote best. 
Honorable mentions (in no particular order other than alphabetized by artist):
  • 9Muses - "Drama" - I love 9Muses. They are so underrated that it's disgusting. But when they came back earlier this year with "Drama" I just really couldn't get into the song. 
  • Amber - "Shake That Brass" - TBH, I actually found this to be surprisingly catchy and fun. 
  • Bbaek Ga - "You Know" - I addressed his solo debut in another post... 
  • Jinusean - "Tell Me One More Time" - Riding the ToToGa wave, Jinusean finally returned but their new song didn't really have much replay value after all :( 
  • KARA - "Cupid" - As I said before, I love KARA. "Mamma Mia" was such a jam last year, and I was super pumped for a new Korean release, but "Cupid" was such a disappointment. 
  • Rubber Soul - "Life" - These nugus released a pretty sweet throwback jam. Very nice 90s feel. 
  • Shannon - "Why Why" - This was just pretty good, but it never made it into my regular rotation of jams. 
  • Teen Top - "Ah Ah" - It wasn't bad, but I was barely feeling it. Much better than what Teen Top was up to last year, though.
  • Vixx - "Love Equation" - I also wrote about this previously...
  • Xiah - "Flower" - Junsu always puts out stuff that's hit or miss for me, but this was fairly interesting.
And one last note...
Even though I figured it'd be considerably disappointing, I was surprised at how much I was not feeling the Big Bang return. Big Bang was one of my favorite groups back when I first got into Kpop, but I literally could not give a shit about them anymore, I guess.

Hang in there for another six months for my end of the year wrap-up~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?