Thursday, June 25, 2015

A post about Eun Jiwon's recent comeback

Well, this (this post as well as this comeback) was like way over due... 

Eun Jiwon finally made a solo comeback after a couple years, and what he gave us was pretty good.


At the start of the month he released a taste of what was to come with "What U Are," which really does give off a throwback vibe. Since it should be established by now that I love old shit, this was more than okay with me.


"What U Are" is a good song to chill out to, and the lyrics are pretty nice. Gilme's feature is pretty sweet too.

Like a week later, he dropped "Trauma," which features the girl he was crushing on on those gender episodes of Human Condition 2


The other songs on the album, "Excuse" and "Soulmate," are nice tracks  too. Out of the four songs on the mini-album, though, I'd have to say that "Trauma" is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

I was really happy he did a lot more singing than I expected. Personally, I love his voice; it's so sweet~

Jiwon also made the decision to forgo promoting on music shows. While this is sad, since I wish we could see him perform his new tunes live, I can understand why, especially since he came back at a time when there's a lot of idol comebacks going on (Big Bang, Exo...). 

But he did sit down to do a interview with 1theK, which gave us insight into the mind of Jiwon...


There were, as expected, some funny bits...


Tru.





Jiwon revealing his secrets.

He also mentioned how he wanted to discover a hip hop duo like Deux, which I thought was pretty neat.

But more interestingly he talked about how he didn't necessarily want to go with what's trendy and instead wanted to make the music he wanted to make.

And he reiterated himself in this interview (side note- I would recommend reading this article, it's short and pretty interesting if you like Jiwon).

Putting music out shouldn't be about getting first place on music programs or even charting. Jiwon is old enough and well established with a large following of fans that winning shouldn't be a priority. He's at the age where he should be able to do the music he wants to do.

Overall, I'm very content with the new music, but it was a disappointment that we didn't get to see performances of the new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?