Monday, July 27, 2015

The Matshot Episodes 1 & 2

Okay, so this is of course a little late, but ya know, better late than never.

So 더 맛있는 원샷 / 더맛샷, or as I will continue to refer to it as, The Matshot, finally aired its first two episodes over the past two weeks. As I was eagerly awaiting for this show to start, I, of course, have watched both episodes, and I thought it'd be a good idea if I tried to get more people to watch it as well.

If you are a fan of Moon Heejun, you need to watch the show. If you don't mind Heejun and Kim Taewoo (as I know they can be somewhat polarizing figures), the show is definitely worth a watch.

The first episode was absolutely hilarious.

The cast meets and are introduced to the chefs (white team chef Park Junwoo and black team chef Lee Jingon), then they decide what teams to split up in. For these two episodes, it's the white team (Suwon and Taewoo) vs the black team team (Heejun and Thunder).


When you turn around and find out you're stuck with Heejun...


They're also introduced to the food trucks...


Taewoo is of course a little too big for the truck...


The rest of the episode has them going to multiple spots to play games and sample spicy foods. But the funniest moments are found here.



As expected, Heejun is the ring leader, and he does not disappoint. He keeps the atmosphere fun and goofy and is not afraid to put himself down. At this point though Taewoo is seemingly the one who can keep up with his antics. Suwon is Suwon... and he's not known for variety antics, but he still tries. And Thunder is the odd one out, but I'm sure he's on this show to build up his variety show cred.

Check out these clips (they work, I just uploaded them directly to the blog)...




The second episode is more straight forward and focused more on the cooking/competition aspect.


I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to watch though, so I won't say who wins.



I know food/cooking shows have been doing well over in Korea lately, and I hope The Matshot is a hit.


If you're interested, head over to Dailymotion and check out episode 1 and episode 2.

More clips can be found here.


If you're not interested IDK why you're here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?