Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Shinhwa comeback happened...

On February 26th, after what felt like an eternity, Shinhwa made their comeback. Why did I wait so long to write about this? Was it to let the fact that my boys are back fully sink into my brain? To see how the album held up after a couple weeks? Because I was too lazy to sit and write down my thoughts? IDK, man, but anyway, let's now talk about the Shincomeback...


At least everyone looks good.


Even in turtlenecks...

When they dropped the MV teaser for "Sniper" a few days before it was actually released, things got serious. The teaser was very promising. And the MV definitely delivered.

The "Sniper" MV is probably Shinhwa's most polished and stylish music video. It looks so fucking good and is much more artsy than usual. As Shinhwa is a group of mature men, they pulled off a very mature music video. I'll even say this- it's, for sure, their best MV yet.

And I'll say it here, just as I did on Twitter and Tumblr, I want Andy to beat me to death with that goddamn cane.


The song, however, was not as immediately catchy as "This Love," but after listening to it for the last couple of weeks, it definitely grew on me. It's a certified jam~ The whistling really gets to you and is super memorable. It will haunt your dreams.

After all this time, however, I'm still unsure about the WE album as a whole. On the first listen, I felt like I liked it more than their last album The Classic, but to be honest, I don't think it's as good. And what I do know for certain is that it isn't even half as good as The Return.

Apart from "Sniper," there were some good tunes on the album. "Never Give Up" is definitely my favorite song out of the 10, and "Ice Moon" follows closely as my second fave. "Cat" is good solely for the line about bringing Eric some Coca Cola and a large pizza. Unfortunately, I feel a good chunk of the album is less than memorable.

Next, let's talk about performances...

Shinhwa came back on M! Countdown with "Alright" (which is just that, an alright song, TBH) and of course "Sniper."


The "Wild Eyes" chair-centric dance is probably one of Shinhwa's most known choreographies, and over a decade later, Shinhwa returned with a new performance that involves chairs~ It's not bad. They looked good doing it, and it matched their mature concept. But it does not reach the level of radness that is "Wild Eyes."


"Sniper" has a very cool dance to go along with it. It's nothing terribly complex or seemingly difficult looking, but it's not dull and Shinhwa does not come off as a bunch of old dudes who can't dance anymore. In every performance, they looked pretty hot. "Sniper" is just a really hot concept. Everything was really hot about this comeback.

Lastly, and most importantly, let's just talk about my ultimate fave Andy.


Hot damn.


Andy looked super fine this comeback... Of course he would, though- he always looks amazing. But as usual, there has not been enough Andy. There is never enough Andy. Shinhwa will never provide me with enough Andy to truly satiate me. However, I will keep coming back hoping for more DyDy.

And to sum up everything, I'm just super happy to have my Andy back in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?