Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Just some thoughts...

People are still going on about ToToGa.

As a turd nugget 90s fan I guess it's cool, but eh, it's getting old, LBR.

When Shinhwa came back, they got asked about it, like if they wanted to perform on it or whatever. And they were like we are still active and we don't want to live in the past or something like that.

Bbaek Ga was on Taxi not that long ago and got asked about Koyote not being on ToToGa. When it heard that I was like "WTF" because as with Shinhwa, Koyote is still an active group. Bbaek Ga explained how they couldn't because Jongmin is on Star King on Saturday nights on a different channel and it would have conflicted with that.

But as I said, Shinhwa and Koyote are active groups. They're still fresh and relevant. It's not like we haven't seen them perform in forever, and it's not like we will not see either group perform within like the new year (Shinhwa literally just came back). ToToGa was more about the 90s and artists you really haven't thought about since the 90s or whose careers were more prominent in the 90s.

It's getting tiring having members from even relevant groups (i.e. H.O.T and Sechskies) field questions about ToToGa and reuniting. Of course no one can give a precise yes or no answer. So everyone needs to stop. When people go on about reunions incessantly, it feels like they get pushed back more and more.

I saw an interview with Suwon in which he said that if there was another ToToGa-esque program he hoped Sechskies could do it. Maybe it could happen. Sunghoon is getting back out there, but who knows if Jaejin would want to do it or if Jiyong will ever be down. Jiyong left entertainment so I think it would be fine if they reunited as five. I mean you can't force him to do something that he doesn't want to do. It would be awkward if he was still a celebrity and just refused to do it, but he's not a celebrity anymore. So I would have no issue with just like Fünfkies (lol, I actually looked up what five is in German).

And another thing, I don't get why g.o.d gets called a 90s group. They really aren't. I don't get why they are lumped in with other 90s boybands, to be honest; they are part of the first generation of idols, but they're more a product of the new millennium. It's just something that irks me that I felt like mentioning, lol.

Perhaps I might finally finish that g.o.d post (that is like three months late) this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?