Tuesday, July 8, 2014

g.o.d drops new album and MV for "Saturday Night"

I'll be real and start off by saying that it initially took a while for me to get into g.o.d. For the longest time, I associated them with more ballad-y type music, and since I am really not into ballads, it was pretty hard giving them a chance. But long story short I did give them a shot, and at this point in time, I do consider myself a fan, obviously. Now after a nine year hiatus and many rumors surrounding a comeback, g.o.d has returned with a new album, and I am pumped~

"The Lone Duckling" was a nice preview of what was to come, and the video teasers of each member that were released at the end of June were moving (especially Hoyoung's) and built up the suspense and excitement.

Overall, their Chapter 8 is a fairly solid album, and I can tell that it will do particularly well in Korea. The songs that stood out to me, and that will probably enter into my regular playlist, were "Sky Blue Promise," "Smile," "Stand Up," and "Saturday Night." "Sky Blue Promise" is a cute song that came with a sweet MV showing the group shooting photos for the album .

"Saturday Night," much like "Friday Night," is a fun song, with an even more fun video.


Personally,  I was very pleased to see Danny letting loose~ And he was pretty hot as that skeevy DJ~ Taewoo in the tiny car and being dwarfed by Choi Hongman were also pretty lulzy moments. The video perfectly fit the song.

g.o.d coming back after disbanding nearly a decade ago is very poignant, and it does give one hope that maybe other groups will follow suit in the future. However, unlike g.o.d, the other big name first generation male groups all have seen serious controversy in recent years (gambling scandals), so it's very unlikely we will see that much desired H.O.T reunion or a full Sechs Kies appearance. Nonetheless, it's delightful to see another first gen group make a comeback~

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to contribute?